Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool duet steam washer is not dispensing liquid

Customer Question
My whirlpool duet steam...

My whirlpool duet steam washer is not dispensing liquid detergent

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approximately 4 years... it is a front loader model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I removed the dispensing tray, and the plunger seems free... meaning I could move the plunger in and out easily with the end of a screwdriver

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your unit?

I don't see a model number on the machine, the manual lists 2: W-10441096A and W-10441097A-SP. The machine is a Whirlpool Duet Steam

when you open the door the model number will be listed on the inside of the door area.

I found: WFW96HEACO and SER C23950376 Type 120-2

do​ you happen to have a multimeter that we can test the dispenser actuator with? More then likely this part has failed and is going to need to be replaced.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dispenser-Actuator/WPW10352973/1878492?modelNumber=WFW96HEAC0​