Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 2 yr old Samsung dishwasher will not shut off. It

Customer Question
My 2 yr old...

My 2 yr old Samsung dishwasher will not shut off. It continues to run with a grinding noise, and can only be stopped when the wall switch is turned off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased in Dec. 2015, and I don't see a model #. All it says is "Samsung".

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it's something easy, otherwise definitely NOT. I would like to set up a service call, but need to know the approx. charge.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The issue is likley a flood condition on the unit. When water leaks under the unit that activates the flood system and will run the drain pump non stop. The unit is fixable and generally that costs about 200 dollars on average for a tech to come out and repair. If you can remove the unit from the cabinet you can check the flood basin underneath it where the motor is for water. Dry that up and try it and if you can source the leak.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!