Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag MHW3505FWD Front loading clothes washer. I have had…

Customer Question
Maytag MHW3505FWD Front loading...

Maytag MHW3505FWD Front loading clothes washer. I have had it about I year. Now at the end of the cycle there is water and soap suds left in the rubber boot/seal for the door. The washer drains ok, I hear it during the cycle and there is no water in the tub, only in the rubber boot or seal. It never did that before.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 1 year old. Model MHW3505FWD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are drain holes to drain the water that gets into the front bellows. Put your finger into the gap and pull the seal and you should see lint and hair etc. clogging the holes. Use a toothpick or something similar to clean what you can and then pour in water until it runs into the tub through clean holes. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Do you have an update? Do you still need help?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

Merry Christmas! Let me know if you still need help.

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave