Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I waant to use the temperature probe for a standing rib

Customer Question
I waant to use...

I waant to use the temperature probe for a standing rib roast. But I cannot put the roast into the oven until the oven preheats, so how can I use the probe? Should I wait for the oven to preheat and then insert te probe into the meat and into the oven receptacle? Is that dangerous?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I bought this oven about five months ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The oven is installed, and I use it all the time, but I have never used the roast probe, because I don't understand when and how it can be put into the meat and the oven before the oven preheats.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. But I am not very happy with this oven and the incredible noise it makes,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Most models require you to insert the probe and then start the cooking cycle. When cooking a roast, it is not necessary to wait until the oven preheats to put the food into the oven.

If you provide the model number of your oven I can get you exact, model specific instructions.