Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water dispenser is not working. Just stoped 2 days ago…

Customer Question
The water dispenser is...

The water dispenser is not working

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just stoped 2 days ago had worked fine before that

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple fix l will do it if not l will need a teck that has experience with.GE Profile

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We are located in Laguna Beach

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

In most cases that is caused by a frozen water line in the door, you can check to see if that is the problem by disconnecting the water line from under the bottom of the door and get a cup or bucket put the water line over in the buck and have someone hit the water dispenser button if water comes out then the line is froze up inside the door. If it is frozen then you will need to install the heater kit repair for that issue which I have listed below. If its not then the water inlet valve is bad and needs to be replaced, the water inlet valve is the valve on the back of the unit your home water line connects to.

Refrigerator Water Dispenser Tube Heater Kit

Part #: WR49X10173 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to install the heater kit - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Did you need anymore help?