Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced the bearings on my Cabrio washer. After I

Customer Question
I replaced the bearings...

I replaced the bearings on my Cabrio washer. After I replaced rotor and tightened it, I tried turning shaft and it hangs up.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maybe 8 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whirlpool Cabrio wtw7340xwd

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

In the middle of repair.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

How much did you tighten the large bottom nut under the bearing?

Pretty tight. So I took it off again and tightened it less. Still hangs up, just not as much.
I can turn the rotor 1 full revolution before it hangs—it either direction.

Did you use the bearing tool to seat them and did you get the center support between installed between correctly with the spacer at the bottom?

to all. Got the bearing tool, center and spacer all installed. The shaft turns fine by hand until I put the rotor on.

OK is it rubbing on the stator magnet?

I can mount the rotor evenly, and when I turn it, there’s no scrapping noise -so doesn’t seem to be touching. Of course I can’t see through rotor to stator when it’s mounted. When I hand turn shaft from inside washer, it turns fine if I do it slowly, but if I turn faster it hangs up.

Oh that is the magnet effect that is normal for it to slow down when spinning the unit fast.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!