Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool EB22RK: Lite quit, replaced bulb,didn't lite.

Customer Question
Whirlpool EB22RK: Lite quit...

Whirlpool EB22RK: Lite quit, replaced bulb,didn't lite. Chacked Door switch and no power to switch. Checked lower freezer door switch and no power there either. Both switchs OK;

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1992

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

How are you testing the power at the switches, measuring from the black wire to ground?

rather type

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

Okay, so there must be a break in the wire after the cord connection if it is still running. If it was at the cord, it would not be running, either. So, the break is likely in the cabinet wall. You can check the wiring at the back under the cover (number 15 below) but it is not likely to expose anything.

CLICK HERE

See the attached wiring diagram, there is nothing between the black power wire and the switches, so it has to be a break in the wire somewhere.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Is there a connection between the two switchs?
There was no attached wiring diagram.