Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a May tag washer ,model MAV6000AWW. How do I get the…

Customer Question
I have a May...

I have a May tag washer ,model MAV6000AWW. How do I get the plastic pulley on the motor drive off?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model MAV6000AWW. Serial no. 10495417WY

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I ordered new parts already.now I have to get remainder ofdrive pulley. Off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

That pulley will need to be pried off or broken. It is held in place only by the plastic "teeth" at the bottom that click into the groove on the motor shaft. The new pulley will simply push on and lock into place.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!