Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Centennial washing machine. The start button…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Centennial washing machine. The start button does not work. I keep pushing it and raising and lowering the lid, but no luck. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just moved into this house and do not know how old. However it can't be more than 8 years old as that is the age of the house. It is a top loading Maytag centennial.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I arrange with you to have it fixed?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Press and hold the Start button in for 5 secs, then try to set a cycle and try the unit. Let me know if it will then work.

No...It still does not work
Let's cancel this whole thing. I thought I was getting someone to fix my machine.