Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Matag mvwb450wq2 out of level erroe code after it starts to…

Customer Question
Matag mvwb450wq2 out of...

Matag mvwb450wq2 out of level erroe code after it starts to spin

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Matag model mvwb450wq2 starts to spin then says out of level

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Does it do it on every load regardless of load size? Have you tried it with no load and see if it still gives you the UL error?

it does it with empty machine
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Ok there are two possibilities, most commonly it's bad suspension rods, but it could also be a cracked stator causing it to go out of balance. To check for a cracked stator, you will need to pull the rotor and look at it if there is even a hairline crack in the stator that is the problem if the stator looks ok replace the suspension rods and that will fix it. click here to see image of cracked stator

The video below will show how to access the stator:

click here for video

The replacement parts are listed below:

Washer Suspension Rod Kit

Part #: W10256514 - click here for part info at sears

here is a video that shows how to replace the suspension rods - click here for video

Washer Motor Stator

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.