Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I Have a ge washer purchased in january 2016, this morning I…

Customer Question
I Have a ge...

I Have a ge washer purchased in january 2016, this morning I started a load and the machine model GTW80BSJ0WS show HO2 supply on the display there is water to the machine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Installed January 13, 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

During this problem unable to shut power off without unplugging the machine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I am going to have a tech from where I bought it look at iy
No

So this issue you're experiencing means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by not having water going to the washer (maybe a pipe froze?), or possibly the load was too large to fill up quick enough, etc... The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and make sure it's getting a good water supply. If the issue continues, then your electronic water valve will need to be replaced on the washer because it's restricting the water flow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you for the response but I have decided to contact the Ge appliance dealer I purchased this from as they are a ge repair dealer if the problem persists.
No further assistance needed

OK sounds good. Good luck! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.