Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid Mixer K45 that needs a new Speed Control…

Customer Question
I have a KitchenAid...

I have a KitchenAid Mixer K45 that needs a new Speed Control Plate. The one I have is older and the new ones a bit different, how can I get a replacement? If I can use the newer one, I'd need a wiring diagram on how to convert the older one to the new one?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1972

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Avocado Green Model K45

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This control plate has three wires: Red, Yellow and Black. They are connected to like color wires by a wire nut. The new plates seem to have more wires. Also, this has a large capacitor and the newer ones seem to have a small circuit board. I just don't know if I get the newer one if it can be wired in properly. Or can I just get a new "Older" Speed control plate with the three wires?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The replacement part number you need is:

part# ***** the video below shows how to install it:

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel, I've reviewed that video and the Speed Control they show is not the same as my older one. I need a older one or a wiring diagram that shows how to convert my older wires to the new one?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

ok one moment, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

can you give me the original part number off the old control plate?

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

should be one of the ones below:

W10119326, 240904-2,(###) ###-####(###) ###-#### PS11748567, B008DJUKOG, B008DJZ6OU, B008DJT8EE, B001ICLW10.

Let me look. Three wires and capacitor. All connected with wire nuts
I don't see any numbers. I'm going to assume you've never worked on this type of concerted newer speed plate
Or converted wiring to Newer speed plate
I'm not spending more money to get answers I already knew
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

No I have never converted and old one like that over to the new one I will opt out to see if another expert can help you.

My original txt to the first person was quite clear on this. I can get a speed plate, but need to understand if it can even be wired in properly. If no one has done this specific conversion, then I don't need to talk with them. Waste of time and money ill spent