Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Question on samsung refrigerator ice maker. Model

Customer Question
Hi question on...

Hi question on samsung refrigerator ice maker

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model RFG297hdrs/xaa purchased and manf. in 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The "external in door" ice maker is not making ice. I replaced the icemaker itself with new but no luck. it dispenses water with no problem but no ice and and doesn't look like water is getting to the icemaker

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Hi not sure if I"m still active. any status yet?
Answered in 5 days by:
12/20/2017
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I still need help if your available
samsung 2013 refridgerator model rfg297hdrs
external in door icemaker not making ice. water comes out fine but not making ice. ice making unit has been replaced
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago

ok so you have already replaced the ice maker itself?

replaced Ice maker and still no ice being made. Sounds lie its trying to do something but no water fills into the trays. Funny thing is I get water out of the dispenser so I"m assuming that means the pump is working
When I took the original ice maker out the trays were all iced up so I thought maybe it just over froze if that's possible. I took it out and thawed it out but same result. thats when I bought a new maker and replaced the old one
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago

I sent a message reply hours ago to this but it doesn't seem that it posted. I had messaged you saying the only thing that makes sense is that your water inlet valve is the issue. Part of it is responding to give water out of the dispenser its just not feeding the ice maker. So the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

is that something I can do? where is that valvu located do you know
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Travis, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. Holidays really didn't allow for me to spend time on this. I got your message about the valve, but the water dispenser is working so wouldn't that eliminate the valve? I'm assuming the valve works for both.I do hear a pumping sound from the refridgerator at times so it definitely sounds like something is trying to do something inside
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually I just reread you earlier response about valve feeding both so ignore my last question I got the link to the part but do you have any links to the actual procedure
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

its actually just a basic plug and play and fairly simple to install. You just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Make sure to pump out at least 4 gallons of water to clear air through the lines though.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb