Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE microwave everything works but will not heat, 5 years,

Customer Question
GE microwave everything works...

GE microwave everything works but will not heat

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I would like to have a tech check it but if it's not worth fixing Iwould like him to bring a new one with him and install

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And this web site is a DIY appliance repair web site ,this web site does not have in the field service techs .

Are you sure that you have the correct web site?

GE model:JUM1740DP1CC
30 x 16 x 15

Ok and after my last reply to you .

Are you in fact aware that this web site is DIY ONLY we do not come to your home nor does this web site install appliances , this web site is only DIY (do it yourself ) assistant to help YOU fix your microwave?

ok DIY

ok so if everything works .

I`m assuming the keypad /clock and you can even program a cook cycle and the inner turntable turns but it just does not heat at all is that correct??

And Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.

And your model number is ***** JVM1740DP1CC your second digit is not a U it is a V !

Did I loose you?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?