Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool ixelium oven. Its about a year it went on…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool ixelium oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about a year it went on key-lock when I was cleaning and now i cant deactivate it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes...i think so

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
I have tried the combination keys as per the guide to deactivate but nothing happens
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And when you say (key lock ) do you mean the control panel keypads are unresponsive?

AKZM 6560/IXL. It's like a child lock and unresponsive when I try to deactivate it

ok on the control panel you should have a small padlock symbol near one of the key pads and it will normally say 3 seconds (3 sec.) find that key and press and hold it until the lock goes off .

There's no padlock symbol on the keypad

if it is a child lock you will have some type of symbol on the control panel telling you what keypad to press and hold to unlock the child lock .

I know but it's not working
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!