Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Is it normal to feel warmth around both refrigerator doors…

Customer Question
Is it normal to...

Is it normal to feel warmth around both refrigerator doors all the time?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

LG LSC26905TT 2-3 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the warm around the door seals.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Yes, that is normal. The condenser line runs around the door seals to keep them warm and pliable to ensure a good seal, not to worry! :)

The lines run through the cabinet I mean, where the seals contact the cabinet...

Tnx. During the last power outage I was running a couple of fridges off my Prius. I was worried about the extra power draw.

Anytime the compressor runs, that area will be warm. If it gets really hot, that would indicate an issue with the condenser fan but warm is normal.

I am disappointed you feel my time and expertise is worth nothing. I hope you don;t have to work for free! Merry Christmas!