Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need a new microwave. It is an above-stove unit. We a lot…

Customer Question
I need a new...

I need a new microwave. It is an above-stove unit. We cook a lot and need one with a very strong range hood/suction/circulation system. Any brand/model recommendations? Max width is 30". Thank you! Can provide any other details if needed (including current model).

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a KitchenAid KHMS2050SSS, manufactured in April 2008.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I will have it professionally installed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope - just need a good unit with a good circulation system/vent!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Microwaves are not primarily designed to provide outstanding venting. However, if the vent only goes out the back wall, they are usually adequate. If you do a lot of cooking, though, you may want to consider a counter top microwave a range hood.

That being said, the microwave with the highest rated vent capability is the LG LMV2031ST. I t has a 400 CFM blower compared to the 200-300 CFM on most other manufacturer's models (GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, etc). However, it is also going to be the loudest. That microwave may be seen at the link below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!