Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Oven Mod AKZ177//X, TYPOE FCSM9, Q99285…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Oven Mod AKZ177//X, TYPOE FCSM9, Q99285 The display is reading F 03 HOW DO I CLEAR THIS F 03.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 20 years and not used that often.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Maybe the user manual if it is only a procedure that is required

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

I turned it off for 2 hours and the same when re powered

G/day Travis, I have since found out that a F 03 fault in the oven is a Capricorn not properly aligned and to Replace the capricorn oven power unit (part # 5210-4***-***-****1), which means to me replace the whole oven as it is 20 years old. Mate, I would appreciate a refund on this service as I found out the result by my self. please feel free to use this info if it is of assistance to you when you reassure yourself that it is correct. All the best Travis and have a good and happy Christmas. Lindsay .

I ​totally understand. I will send this in for a refund.

John, Home Appliance Technician