Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile Fridge PSS26SGPA Both Fridge and Freezer…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile Fridge PSS26SGPA Both Fridge and Freezer quit No longer cold

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am going to give it a g o

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have run diagnostics. Passes all tests Except 03

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the compressor running on the unit?

the fans are for sure.
Not sure about the compress as it is not cold

Check and see if the fan is running and vibrating

There is a fan in the freezer and one in the fridge. Both appear to be running
I can hear that for sure. And I can shut the door in one side and hear the fan in the other

Ok that is good so if it is not cooling we are down to the compressor, is it hot, warm cold or vibrating?

When I run the Diagnostic tests. Everything passes but test 03. Test 03 is a Temperature control panel to dispenser board communications error
I get a F for Fail
let me go check

Yes it sounds like the main board is defective on the unit. Check the compressor and let me know

No the compressor is not running. room temp.
There is a fan adjacent to the compressor and it is running

OK then you have either a compressor relay issue or a board issue do you have a volt meter for testing...also I will be out for about 30 min. Post back please

I do have a multi-meter

Ok can you see if there is 120 volts going to the compressor at the two wires to it?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician