Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Morning-our Bosch Model SGI4005AU/12 dishwasher isn't

Customer Question
Morning-our Bosch Model SGI4005AU/12...

Morning-our Bosch Model SGI4005AU/12 dishwasher isn't washing at all!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 18yr. That is the only detail I have written on the manual.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hubby very handy but depends on the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

• Does it just not start after filling or what exactly happens?
no water comes into the machine even though it seems to continue through the cycle.

If you pour water into the tub, does it drain out?

I lifted the centre filter out and water is sitting in there which I've not seen before when cleaning the filter. Bucket of water also now sitting in the base of dishwasher.

If you pour water into the machine and close the door, does it start running and pump the water out?

What I put in is gone but still water around filter.

Okay, it will always have little in there. The dishwasher has a very common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is water in the base of the machine, under the wash tub. It is keeping the float in the up position, suspending all cycle operations and only allowing the drain pump to run. You will need to access the area under the tub, either by removing the access panel from below the door or pulling the machine out and removing a side panel. Once that water is dried out, normal operation will be restored!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Thank you. I will pass that over to my hubby and let you know how he goes. I'll leave a rating after that. Now to wash up!!! Ta Rusty S

Thank you.

Unfortunately no luck with your suggestion. Pulled it out, cleaned it all and dried the water. After putting everything together, started it, bottom filled with water but nothing else. Can still pump water out.

Did you dry the plastic base out (under the wash tub where the motor is) or the inside tub where the dishes go?

pulled all apart and dried everywhere.

So it has likely leaked again. Have you checked?

No leaks. Main pump isn't pumping water to the arms.

Did it fill with water?

around the centre filter again.

But now only the drain pump runs?

that's correct.

The control is still in flood mode. The float must not have settled back down or water has leaked back into the base.