Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model # MF12269Vew7 and the…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model # MF12269Vew7 and the Door alarm light is flashing and the interior light does not work. The bulbs are good.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was installed on 12/11/2015 Model is MF12269VEW7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What is involved?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK that is an extremely common issue on that unit you need to replace the rear main power board in the unit. If you pull the unit out and go behind it you will find a squarish access cover off to the left side behind the unit. Remove the screws to that and you will see the main power board. That is a basic plug and play board with a couple standoffs that you can squeeze with a pliers to release the board. Once you have ordered and installed the new board you need to get to the model tag and find the FOUR DIGIT CODE labeled CODE. Using the instructions program the code into the unit and you will be good to go. I included a video of how to program your unit(skip to 4:00minute mark then play) or follow the instructions included with the part. The part link is also here as well for you.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!