Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My newer samsung refrigerator can't make or dispense ice..

Customer Question
My newer samsung refrigerator...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It 's about four to six months. It has two french doors, amd two drawers at the bottom

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not a good fixer-upper plus my age is a problem. If the repair is simple, yes we could do it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. we thought it might be something simple to do. we took out the insurance policy that was offered by lowes because this refrigerator costs in the neighborhood of $2,600

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will gladly help you with your issue. Is there any ice in the ice bin? Does the icemaker work when you push the icemaker test button? The test button is located underneath the icemaker. Please give me your refrigerator model number.

Normally on a Samsung French door refrigerator with the ice maker room on the upper left there may be a fan issue. There is a ice room fan that brings cold air up into the ice room to make it cold enough to make ice. If the fan gets ice in it and stops running, ice production stops. There is a fix for this issue. If you thaw the ice room out, the icemaker should start to work.

start to work. I would call Lowes to send out repair person.