Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We a have a micro wave that has stopped accepting commands.

Customer Question
We a have a...

We a have a micro wave that has stopped accepting commands. It tells us that the door is open on the screen when it is not. It won't turn on because it thinks the door is open. We have unplugged it and plugged it back in which helps for a short period of time.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchenaid, Benton model #KMHS120ESS-2, manufactured in February 2016, purchased in October 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the electronic control board is telling you the door is open when it is not then you probably have an issue with one of the three door safety switches.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I have no volt meter

Ok so with out a meter to be able to test which door switch is the issue .I can take a guess as to which on is the most likely and give you a link to the part if you would like!

Just let me know.

Did I loose you?

I guess I lost you some how,

Just reply back when you can.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

I’m all set.

ok Thank you for replying back to me!