Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile refrigerator has stopped running. The light to…

Customer Question
My GE Profile refrigerator...

My GE Profile refrigerator has stopped running. The light to the fridge is on but the compressor and fan don't run. I cannot reset it on the dials they only flash 000 then go off. Is there a fuse I can reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 years or so and the model number is ***** SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can if it is a simple fuse, if not i will need to repair or replace the fridge. What are your thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this a simple fuse fix or something more serious?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

waiting...

That means either the rear main board is bad or the cable that connects the rear board to the front board has become disconnected. If you check under the unit by the frrezer door hinge area you will see the cable that comes out and connects to plug. Make sure that is connected. If it is then replace the main board behind the unit. There is a small access panel on the back of the unit that you need to remove and the board is right there...CLICK HERE PART, it is a plug and play part easy to install...CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!