Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've got an older (15 - 20 yrs) Bosch double wall oven where…

Customer Question
I've got an older...

I've got an older (15 - 20 yrs) Bosch double wall oven where the top oven has stopped heating. Tech says it it's a bad selector switch. I'd like to access the part to try to see it before I order a replacement. Should I remove the fascia plate/

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model HBL 455A UC, about 15/20 years I'd guess. It's used.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Actuall tech said 20 years. I dont' mind trying to do the work myself, but also don't mind having it done. First I need to see if I can even find a replacement part.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The serial number is ***** not sure if that's a problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is the correct model and I just looked up the parts for it, nothing in the console is available. Almost every part for the unit has been discontinued. I would not waste any time on it as you will never find those parts, plus if anything else goes wrong those are not available too. Sorry for the bad news.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!