Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our oven locks the door when not in cleaning mode. I had to…

Customer Question
Our oven locks the...

Our oven locks the door when not in cleaning mode. I had to bend the tines of a fork to unlock the door after baking why is it doing this

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Jen air hold on whilei look up model no and when purchased

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If neceaasry or i will keep useing my homemade tool to unlock it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model no jdr8895aas purchased 8 8 08

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often that can be due to a failed lock or a failed clock control. Do you just come to find the door locked on its own?