Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking at a Kenmore refrigerator mod# WRF736SDAM1 The

Customer Question
Looking at a Kenmore refrigerator...
Looking at a Kenmore refrigerator mod# *****
The icemaker is making ice, but will not dump and the water valve keeps freezing up. Please advise
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

So the line to the icemaker keeps freezing up?

You will need to replace the water valve for that issue, the water valve is bad and is leaking a small amount of water through the valve causing that issue. Just pull the unit and shut the water supply line off and replace the valve. CLICK HERE PART that will fix that issue.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Thanks - will get back with you.

OK great!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Just replaced the part, I will let you know tomorrow if icemaker is working.

OK great thank you!

Hi there,

I replaced the water valve, it froze up and cracked. I had to replace it again. It dumped two batches of ice, then I guess it froze up again. Now, it will not dump ice, nor will it dispense water at the door. Completely frozen. There is also water built up in water filter chamber. We've replaced, the water filter, water valve, control board and the damper assembly.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago

Let me see if another tech can help

Were you ever able to transfer this to another technician?