Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. experience with 25,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

2year old dishwasher, model SHE33T55UC/2,showing error,

Customer Question

2year old dishwasher, model SHE33T55UC/2,showing error, water not pumped out. checked filters, no obstruction
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Bosch dishwasher, Model SHE33T55UC.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, don’t know how to run test cycle either.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if I run the dishwasher empty, will the water level be too high and spill if the pump is not working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the water is not pumping out first listen and see if you hear the pump running if you do check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know! Also do not start and run another cycle as it will just overfill and you will have a bigger issue. You can Start a cycle and Cancel it right away so the drain pump is activated though.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!