Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Having a problem with the microwave.It keeps saying to close…

Customer Question
Having a problem with...

Having a problem with the microwave.It keeps saying to close the door & the door is closed.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchen Aide & it's 3 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if its complicated.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately for you, this issue didn't happen in the first year like many of these units where it would be covered under warranty. It's a well known problem and Kitchen Aid had a lot of these units that failed in this manner recently. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and the middle door switch with 3 terminals on it is failing which is why it tells you to close the door on the screen and refuses to run. This door switch wasn't durable enough from the factory so the switch has been re-designed to handle more electricity. Either way, the switch will need to be replaced and to get the part number for the switch, you'll need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?