Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My double oven is 29 years old and the top oven which is the…

Customer Question
My double oven is...

My double oven is 29 years old and the top oven which is the one i usually use is having an issue.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The fan sometimes does not come on when it is turned on and it shuts itself off,I think because it is overheating. the front top panel gets extremely hot.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This does not happen all the time so I don,t know whether to have it serviced or not at this time.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Karen

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the model number off the tag on the frame edge of the unit?

not with me .I am at work and cannot access it.
no

OK can you get it to me later tonight?

If you can,t help me without it I will just forget it and you can give me my money back.
I think this an auful way to do business You keep asking for more money.
I think i will call a service man.

Yes I can not do that they made thousands of double ovens and without a make or model it would just be guessing.