Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a viking range and have problems with the right side…

Customer Question
I have a viking...

I have a viking range and have problems with the right side of the slide in stove. They flash when I have my pot on the element and then it stops the magnets do not seem to stay. I had a repair person in who said it was a problem with mh pots but the same pots work without an issue on the left side of my stove. The repair person suggested changing pots which i did but problem still exists. Any suggestions

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The stove is 5 years old we purchased it in Oct 2012, the model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have already contacted the repair people Viking has recommended that operate in Toronto

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No any suggestions on your end as what we should do?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

The issue you are having is with the induction module. Pane will either work or not work with an induction top, they are not "intermittent" or "too weak" to be used. The induction burners have a 5 year warranty on them through Viking. I would call them to see if they will concession the repair as you are very close to the 5 year mark. If you would like help in replacing the module yourself, please let me know!