Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Samsung fridge freezer - model number SRF752DSS in…

Customer Question
Hi we have a...

Hi we have a Samsung fridge freezer - model number SRF752DSS in storage for 6 years. It is now plugged in but not cooling. It is missing a Aqua pure plus filter, which I am going to order. Would this be the problem, or would it be something else???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number is ***** and it was only a couple of minus old when it went into storage. Months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

I can't get the back cover off and my husband is away for a week. Can I get a refund on my money and I will just turn off the fridge. Thanks

Yes no problem sorry for the issue.

Thanks.