Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher doesn't go thru the cycles it starts and it…

Customer Question
Our dishwasher doesn't go...

Our dishwasher doesn't go thru the cycles it starts and it drains but it just keeps running if you start it

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kenmore elite how do I run a diagnostic test cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It seems to fill and drain ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Model 665.12783K311
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check to see if the dishwasher is actually filling up all the way with water. It should be across the basin when full. Secondly make sure the filter is clean in the unit, if that is dirty the unit can not wash properly and will not be able to break down the packets. Also check the wash arm ports for any blockages in the small port holes. Now if the filter is all clean and the water level is good then that leaves the wash pump assembly. They had a ton of issues with the wash pump on that unit. Sometimes they run too slow or not at all, then nothing gets washed and the packets of soap lay in the bottom undissolved since there really is no wash action going on in the unit. Often the unit will just fill and drain. Here is a link to a new wash pump assembly as 99% of the time with that issue this is the actual problem. You can test the pump for 120 volts to it after it fills and if it has that there it is bad for sure.

CLICK HERE WASH PUMP

CLICK HERE VIDEO TO ASSIST IN DOING THE REPAIR.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!