Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

WE have a Bosch dishwasher. We have had to shut the valve…

Customer Question
WE have a Bosch...

WE have a Bosch dishwasher. We have had to shut the valve off to the dishwasher because it kept filling. When we turned the dishwasher on to drain the water pooled in the bottom, it drained the water out, but then did not continue with the cycle. Any ideas? Thanks,

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a sec.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to figure out if that is possible or whether we need a repair person or just to throw in the towel and buy a new one. Model #: SHE55P02UC/64 I don't know how old it is, but at least 5 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just noticed a puddle on the floor, even though we turned off the valve.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does the drain pump run when you turn the dishwasher on?

Still there, Kelly?

Yes, sorry for the delay.

That is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Water leaked into the base of the machine, under the tub. Once that water has dried up, it will allow the float to drop and restore normal operation. The video at the link below shows how to access that area to dry the water out and replace the water inlet valve that is allowing too much water to fill (and overfill!) the tub.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!