Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag A310 series 01 washer where the agitator is…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag A310 series 01 washer where the agitator is not working. It drains but does not agitate. I was trying to figure out how to remove the agitator to see what needs replacing but I do not see a nut or screw that will allow me to do that. Can you advise me how to remove the agitator and let me know what parts I need to purchase?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

From the early 1980s. It is a Maytag model A310 Series 01 top loader.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try to do it myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced a belt on the bottom several months ago. I checked the belts again and they seem ok.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does the motor run after it fills or does it even fill?