Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag dishwasher Model MDB7749SBB. We purchased…

Customer Question
We have a Maytag...

We have a Maytag dishwasher Model MDB7749SBB. We purchased the unit, for hoe use, in January, 2014. So it's out of warranty.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dishwasher, in the last week or two, began turning itself on without us doing anything. I turned off the breaker that services the unit, left it off for several minutes and then turned it back on. It began doing the same thing once again. In order to stop this behavior we turn it off and leave the door slightly open.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dishwasher runs on it's own, it means that your control panel is shorting out and needs to be replaced. Now this part has been re-designed since it's has quite a few problems, but below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.