Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got a message light e:15 I think. Dishwasher not working but…

Customer Question
Got a message light...

Got a message light e:15 I think. Dishwasher not working but sounds like drain trying to engage

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Thermador dwhd640jfm/85. How do I run atest cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if not too extensive

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E15 error code means water has leaked into the base and has activated the flood switch in the base.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Regards