Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a new Garland G series 60" commercial stove with 24"

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new Garland G series 60" commercial stove with 24" griddle. We were using the griddle and folks were getting burned by the flat part of the griddle just above the knobs. I can understand being burned if you should touch the grill but not the very front part which aligns with the stove piece that comes across the other 60". Should there be some type of insulation above the knobs but under that front plate?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A month or so. We use the kitchen at our church. All the equipment is commercial grade equipment. We have asked the company if there is a fix for this and they say no. I think it is a design problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, we have a few chef's who are part of the church who could advise.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you touch any part of the cooking surface you could get burnt.

And since the knobs are above the burners and heat rises then yes they will be hot?

This is in front of the cooking surface. Its the broad flat piece of stainless
steel that goes across the front of the stove and the griddle. One should not
expect to be burnt on this surface as you do not get burned when you touch
that same plate in front of the 6 burners.
Thanks!
John, Home Appliance Technician