Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I messed up one of my heating elements on my stove. I put a…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** . I messed up one of my heating elements on my stove. I put a plastic cookie container on a burner that was on. Can you tell me how to remove the plastic residue?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several weeks. I have not used the burner since.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending on how it is to be done.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It looks like thick clear nail polish.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Is this a coil type burner or a ceramic glass cooktop model?

Did I loose you?