Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older dryer, it will not run and trips the breaker…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older dryer, it will not run and trips the breaker instantly on re-set.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Not sure of make and model, came with the house 6 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I says commercial grade on the front

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I could if it was worth it, but I may just replace it. This seems like a complete ground.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Open the dryer door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame.

looked there and did not see it, I will look again

whom is the manufacture of the dryer?

It is a MayTag, says Commercial quality on the front, came with the house I six years ago. I recieved a small Arc Flash when I plugged it into the socket. The plug is blackened there is clearly a short circuit to ground.

ok if it is not on the inner face frame then look on the rear control panel of the dryer.

Not there either, l looked around the back and did not see anything. The matching washing machine is a LAV3600AWW

the washer does not help !

If the unit is approx 6 years old the model number should be on the inner face frame after you open the door?

And does this dryer have a mechanical timer or is it electronically controlled?

looks like a mechanical timer that you dial to a setting

ok and do you have a Volt-Ohm meter to be able to do any voltage or resistance testing ?

Did I loose you!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?