Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My band new Maytag washer and dryer were installed yesterday…

Customer Question
My band new Maytag...

My band new Maytag washer and dryer were installed yesterday and the dryer does not heat. Is there a step I may have missed while connecting it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I connected it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its new so I don't know why it is nor heating up. I thought maybe the vent hole might be to big for the dryer vent hose

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Is this a gas or electric dryer?

electric and it is brand new never used
no I won't be paying another $32 for a phone call

Sorry I don't send the phone options---the site does automatically but you can ignore that.

OK well if there isn't a problem with the dryer itself, then usually this means that the dryer didn't get hooked up properly. The dryer will run but it will not heat with only 110 volts. You'll want to test power between the 2 outside power wires on the back of the dryer to make sure you're getting 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires. If so, then call warranty at 1.***-***-**** because your dryer came defective. If you're not getting 220 volts, make sure the power cord is connected correctly, try to flip the breaker on your house off and back on, and possibly you'll need to call an electrician if that all checks good but you still don't have 220 volts to the dryer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thanks for the recommendation, I have called a electrician, he will be here later this afternoon to check the voltage. The building the dryer is in is a brand new constructed building so I don't think it will be an electrical problem but who knows, we will still check to rule it out or not.

OK sounds great. That should let you know whether you need to call warranty if the dryer actually came defective, or possibly the outlet wasn't wired properly or something like that if the building is brand new. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc