Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE VENTING OF MY MAYTAG

Customer Question
I NEED TO KNOW...

I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE VENTING OF MY MAYTAG NEPTUNE DRYER MODEL mde4000aYW

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'M NOT SURE SINCE WE PURCHASED IT USED ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO SO IM GUESSING 10 YEARS OLD.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

WHAT i NEED IS A WRITTEN SPEC STATMENT THAT SAYS WHETHER i NEED AN ACCESSORY FAN IN THE VENT FOR A VENET PIPE THAT IS 13.5 FEET LONG TO PASS AN INSPECTION FOR MY REMODEL HOUSE PERMIT.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WE BOUGHT AN ACCESSORY FAN BUT IN THE INSTALLATION INFO FOR THAT FAN IT SAYS YOU SHOULDN'T USE IF YOUR VENTING IS LESS THAT 15 FEET TO THE DRYER

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Attached is the literature explaining the dryer capabilities. That being said, the vent fan states not to use the fan if the venting is less than 15 feet because it wont be beneficial. But that distance needs to be calculated with elbows and such because each 90 degree elbow after it exits the back of the dryer counts as 5 feet.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.