Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire affinity. When I start it I hear a click…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire affinity. When I start it I hear a click and then it goes to pause.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2012 model number fafs4174nw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Initially it showed a EF2 error and E41. The e41 disappeared after I switched out the door lock

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All of this happened after my husband and I switched out the boot mid cycle because water was leaking on the floor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The main motor control board likely got water on it and is shorted out and will need to be replaced. If you had water below the unit this can easily be damaged very quickly resulting in the issue you are having. It is an extremely common failure. Here is a link to the board, change this out and you should be good to go again. You may also want to double check all wires to the door lock and make sure nothing has come off or is not connected properly.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

That is the main harness plug it only can line up one way. Look at the pins on it and the flat spots and line it up with the shape on the other end and put them together.

Oh ok hang on one sec

Just line up the harness and get it to slide in, find the only matching female pin on the other socket that does not have a pin on the other side. You should be able to quickly look and see which one does not and it is likely black on the other side as well.

Us a needle nose to press it in they are a tight fit but it will go in.

Ok. Thank you. For future reference what is the off white thing called

Molex PLug

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!