Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My icemaker in my Kenmore French door refrigerator is not…

Customer Question
My icemaker in my...

My icemaker in my Kenmore French door refrigerator is not dispensing ice. I feel ice in the tray but it is not dispensing the ice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 years old. model#(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Open the fresh food section door and the model /serial tag is on the interior wall near the top!

A full model number is ***** -11 digits long !

And the partial number of(###) ###-####brings up 44 different models I would like to narrow it down a bit .

Thank you. It is: 795.70323.310

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

ok So the ice maker IS make ice , the issue is the dispenser when you call for ice it is not dispensing the ice out the dispenser correct?

When you call for ice does the unit make any noise at all as if it is trying to work?

the ice maker seems to make the ice in the ice cube tray. The ice tray doesn't empty the ice into the dispenser.

ok I think I know what your saying !

The ice maker is making the ice, drops it into the ice storage container and when you call for ice out the door dispenser it does not come out .

And if when you call for ice cubes you are not hearing any noise as if the motor is running .

Then you have a bad dispenser auger motor ( that pushes the ice out the dispenser and into your glass.

It will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

the ice is NOT dropping into the dispenser. The dispenser works, but it has no ice in it!

ok so then when your saying the tray do you mean the icemaker itself ?

The icemaker has a tray for the ice to be formed. When the ice is formed it is not being emptied into the dispenser. I have to go so if you still want to extend this session you'll have to do it alone.

ok what your calling the TRAY is the actual ice maker .

So you have ice in the cube cavities but it is not harvesting to drop the cubes into the ice storage container.

The icemaker only cycle via temperature it has an internal thermostat once that thermostat reaches a temperature of 15 degrees then the thermostat closes giving voltage to the ice maker motor and it harvest the ice cubes.

So is the temperature in the freezer section Cold ,is everything frozen in the (freezer Section)

everything in the freezer is cold

Ok so if the freezer is fine the air from the freezer is blown up to the icemaker ,so then ice maker thermostat should be getting cold enough to cycle and harvest the cubes into the ice storage container ,and since it is not .I recommend to replace the ice maker assembly .

If you were not aware your refrigerator was manufactured by LG for sears and Sears just put the Kenmore name on it.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .

This is NOT a free web site.