Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an elec range #96114. The rt front duel element went…

Customer Question
I have an elec...

I have an elec range #96114. The rt front duel element went bad.I ordered the part #316555800 given to me by the diognostic tech and received it.When I compared them I found there are only terminals for 4 wires rather than 5 wires on the old one.The black wire (common to both elements)has no male stakon

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Elec range #96114 dual element #316555800 does not have a point to connect the 5th black wire(common to both elements). Please advise.Did the tech give me the correct #?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

is the right front burner the inner or outermost knob on the console?

outermost

Thank you !

That is the correct part number the manufacture shows!

Radiant Surface Element###-##-####/p>

how do I connect the 5th (black common ) wire?

I do not find a wire diagram for this model on the Sears Web site.

I was manufactured for Sears by Frigidaire ,let me look on the Frigidaire web site to see if it is available there?

Ok Frigidaire does not have any information on their site for this model number.

I have pulled up a photo of the new burner and it shows 5 terminals on the burner .

Here is what I`m seeing !

Look at this link is this not the same burner that you received ?

https://www.rcappliancepartsimages.com/dbImages/i/00004516/Radiant-Surface-Element-316555800--01377540.jpg

it is but the stakon point that is colored black is not there . it is obviously broken which is what I thought to begin with.

ok I see no black terminal on the burner do you mean a black wire on the electrical wire harness to the burner ?

no I mean the the terminal that turns left that appears black in the photo.

Ok If your not able to install and wire up the new burner ,I would recommend that you call for a in home service call on the unit.

As for you original question ,you do have the correct part number .

And I `m not able to assist you with wiring up the new burner since either the appliance manufacture (Frigidaire ) or the company that sold it (Sears)does not have a wire diagram on their web site.

Master Tech
Master Tech