Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am receiving an issue with my microwave i keep getting the…

Customer Question
I am receiving an...

I am receiving an issue with my microwave i keep getting the "OPEN DOOR CLOSE DOOR" message and it will not go away

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 1.5 years old let me check the make and model now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm hoping I can fix it myself yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm getting model number now sorry

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag should be around the oven opening once the door is opened.

hello
are you able to assist?

Yes, I am here!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag should be around the oven opening once the door is opened.

WMH53520CS-5

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

when i open the microwave, sometime the light does not go on, so i think the sensor is broken
then when i try to set a cook time, i cannot press start and i get the message to "OPEN AND CLOSE DOOR", but when I try that is does not work
i unplugged the device and then plugged it back in and it still was not working, but then all of the sudden the light went on and now it is working

One of the door switches is failing. This is pretty common. Are you wanting to repair this yourself and can you perform some disassembly?

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

It will likely continue to work intermittently until the switch is replaced.,

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

we would like to repair ourselves, if possible
can you please guide me on how this should be done?

You must have missed my last post. It is copied below.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

i didn't see that
so, likely we will need to order a new part for the door switch?
is this a relatively easy repair?

Yes, the switch will need to be replaced unless you happen to find one of the mounts broken or loose. It is not too difficult, the repair is completed from the front with little disassembly.

CLICK HERE

perfect. thank you
if we have questions, what number can we call for help?

The easiest way back is to follow a link from your email. There is no time limit or expiration! :)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

okay, thank you! I will do the survey. so i just paid $5 and there is no limit on this assistance?

I am not able to see what value you placed on the answer so I am not sure what you paid. We only see the questions and have no account access. The value is set by you before the question posts. There is no time limit, no, you may post back until this issue is fixed!

That is great, thank you.
if i need to follow up, i can just use the link from my email and i will reach out again?

Yes, every time I reply to you, you get an email with a return link. :)