Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model# jvm7195ek1es. Open steam sensor message. How doo l…

Customer Question
Model# ***** Open steam...

Model# ***** Open steam sensor message. How doo l fix it

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how hard

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Less than 1 year old . Will run a few seconds then message appears and starts beeping

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If it's less than a year old, you need to just call warranty at 1.***-***-**** and they will replace the humidity sensor at no charge. Otherwise you'll have to uninstall the entire microwave, remove the outer shell, and replace the humidity sensor to fix this issue. The sensor is about $100 and it's part number WB24X799, so if it's less than a year old it's definitely best to just call warranty.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc