Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer side of the refrigerator (2000) makes an annoying…

Customer Question
My freezer side of...

My freezer side of the refrigerator (2000) makes an annoying buzzing sound that goes off frequently. I do not have the ice-maker installed, but it sounds like it's trying to do something!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE Monogram purchased in 2000 new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There's a little switch that has a green light. It's possible to change it, and I don't know how it was set or if something hit it and changed it's position?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a compressor relay issue, can you get behind the unit and remove the lower panel?