Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Bravos 400 dryer takes much longer to dry than

Customer Question
Maytag Bravos 400 dryer...

Maytag Bravos 400 dryer takes much longer to dry than before. I have checked the exhaust duct: clear.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Teh dryer is about eight yrs old. Mode # is MED8800VQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the job's complexity.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I know you have checked the vent already, but if I could tell you how many times people tell me the vent has been checked and I go out to the house and the vent is the problem you wouldn't believe me. To make sure your vent isn't the issue, just disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and run a cycle to see if it dries normally again. If not, then the vent isn't the issue.

Now if the vent isn't the issue and the dryer is heating, you know that the element isn't the issue either or the unit wouldn't heat at all. The dryer would need to be taken apart and you can clean the vent inside the dryer. Other than that, you just need to replace the thermistor sensor which is the sensor mounted to the top of the blower wheel housing which controls the heat in the dryer. Below is a link to the thermistor sensor for your model.

CLICK HERE for thermistor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?