Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler I️ have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher... that will only…

Customer Question
Hello Tyler I️ have a...
Hello Tyler I️ have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher... that will only heat up and begin to wash w no water... I️ replaced the water inlet valve and checked to make sure the float switch is good... other times the dishwasher will not fill and the drain pump will come on and run continuously until cancel is pressed.... model number of the unit is KDTM404ESS1
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You'll want to check power between the 2 wires at the valve and make sure you're not getting 110 volts to the valve. If that checks good, check the float switch and make sure there is continuity through that as well. If you are NOT getting 110 volts to the valve and there is continuity through the float switch your control board up in the upper right hand corner of the door needs to be ordered and replaced because it's just not sending power to the valve.

Now if you find that the float switch does not have continuity with the float down, replace the switch. And if you find that the valve is getting 110 volts, you either have another bad valve, or you're not getting water to the valve from your house.

Ok because I️ am getting 110 volts to the valve... I️ guess I’ll have to go and double check the float switch for continuity

You're getting 110 volts between the 2 wires to the valve? If so, the float switch has nothing to do with the problem. You either have a bad valve or are not getting water to the dishwasher if you're getting 110 volts to the valve.

Well actually when I️ put my two leads on the two wires for the valve I️ get nothing but if I️ put one lead on a wire then use my other lead on the metal base of the dishwasher I️ then get 110

OK got it. So you are losing your neutral which goes through the float switch and goes up to the control board so definitely make sure the float switch isn't a problem and if that checks god you need to replace the control board.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?